A booking will be held upon payment of 50% of your overall event hire fee and the supply of credit card details. The details of two adults over the age of 25 years must be provided who agree to these terms and conditions (“the Hirer”). This must include full names, address, mobile phone, email and current driver’s licence details. The responsible adults must be present for the entire duration of the event.
Full payment will be applied to the credit card provided at 30 days prior to your event date.
Notification of cancellations will only be accepted in writing.
- Notifications of cancellation 60 days in advance incur a full refund less a $100 administration fee.
- Notifications of cancellation 30-60 days in advance incur a penalty of 50% of event fees.
- Notifications under 30 days incur a 100% loss of full payment. Should the venue be able to re-sell your original date, the venue hire fee can be transferred to another date, if the venue is available and agreed to by Benga Box, but the event must be held within 6 months of the original event date.
The Hirer may access the venue from 2pm on the day of the booking and shall ensure that all guests vacate the venue by the agreed time. The Hirer is responsible for the set-up and pack-up of the event and shall have access to the premises only for pack-up until 10am the following day. Specific arrangements to extend must be confirmed by the Venue Manager in writing.
Loss and Damages
The Hirer indemnifies Benga Box for any loss or damage caused during the period of hire to the venue or any fittings and equipment provided by Benga Box including laptop, TV Screens, loudspeakers, subwoofers microphone or cables. Benga Box shall not be liable in any way for loss or damage incurred. The Hirer shall be responsible for the cost of making good any damage or loss caused to the objects, buildings, fittings and equipment arising out of and/or in the course of the Hirer’s function.
Compliance with laws
The purpose of hire must be lawful and conducted in a manner that does not disrupt third parties. The Hirer is responsible for the security and safety of themselves, their guests and the venue during the time of hire. The Hirer is also responsible for the behaviour of guests at their event. The Hirer agrees to comply with all requirements of the Local Government Act and any other relevant act, by-laws, rules or regulations, made hereunder and shall be liable for any breach of any such acts, by-laws, rules or regulations. The Hirer must not store any illegal, highly flammable or dangerous goods.
Alcohol and Smoking
Alcohol consumption is permitted in accordance with relevant regulations. If the Hirer provides alcohol to guests or permits alcohol to be consumed at their event, they do so at their own risk. The sale of liquor without a suitable licence is illegal and therefore strictly prohibited in the venue. No alcohol is to be consumed outside the gated venue. Smoking is NOT permitted inside the venue however a designated smoking area is available in the outside courtyard.
Pack Up and Cleaning
General and normal cleaning is included in the cleaning fee. Rubbish removal is not included in this fee.
The Hirer must remove all equipment, food and beverages, glassware, tables, chairs, and decorations (including balloons, tape and adhesives, streamers, etc) from the venue. Should this not be adhered to, additional cleaning charges apply. Additional cleaning of premises will be charged to the credit card at $ 110.00 per hour for removal of Hirer’s personal items or hired equipment left at premises outside of agreed hire period and $ 110.00 per hour for removal of rubbish.
Surveillance and Security
The venue is monitored via 24 hour security cameras. It is mandatory to have security at an 18th Party or events over 150 people. One security guard (four hours) will be provided by the Benga Box on these occasions. Additional security for any other event not outlined here, is at the Hirer’s discretion and expense, including a second security guard at an 18th birthday party or event over 150 people.
Hirer’s Pack Up Checklist
- All decorations have been removed (including balloons, tape and adhesives, streamers, etc)
- Any cooking equipment used has been washed
- Toilets have been left in a reasonable state and tidied of excessive rubbish
- All rubbish has been placed in external rubbish hopper bins to capacity only, or removed from the premises
- All tables and chairs are returned to the original position
- All additional items belonging to the hirer are removed from the venue (including food and drinks, music equipment etc).
- All heating/air-conditioning have been turned off
- Turn Power off to DJ Box and TV Screen
- All lights are turned off
- All doors (Roller Door and Front Gate door) are locked and secured before using the key drop.